- HOSTED OFFICE
- CLOUD INNOVATION
- CLOUD HOSTING
- ADD-ON SERVICES
By using Intermediation Group Networks. (hereinafter Intermediation) web hosting services, you agree to comply with our policies. You are expected to use the Internet with respect, courtesy, and responsibility, giving due regard to the rights of other Internet users. We expect you to have a basic knowledge of how the Internet functions, the types of uses which are generally acceptable, and the types of uses which are to be avoided. Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use. The following are unacceptable uses:
Illegality in any form, including but not limited to activities such as unauthorized distribution or copying of copyrighted software, violation of Japan and International export restrictions, harassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, and other illegal activities.
The provisions of this Policy are intended as guidelines and are not meant to be exhaustive. Generally, conduct that violates law, regulation, or the accepted norms of the Internet community, whether or not expressly mentioned in this Policy, is prohibited. Intermediation reserves the right at all times to prohibit activities that damage its commercial reputation and goodwill.
Intermediationservers may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. Examples of non-acceptable content or links: “Pirated software”, “Hackers programs or archives”, “Warez Sites”, “Irc Bots”, “Mp3”.
We will be the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: unauthorized access, use, probe, or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting.
It is a violation for anyone who, including but not limited to, employs posts or programs which consume excessive CPU time or storage space, permits the use of mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, or auto responders other than for their own account; or resale of access to CGI scripts installed on our servers.
No one shall post defamatory, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or violating trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights. All customers should be polite and respectful.
Intermediation reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of this Policy at any time without notice. Reporting Network Abuse Any party seeking to report any violations Intermediation’s policy may contact via e-mail.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is expressly prohibited. A user shall not use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site or distributing, advertising or promoting software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial E-mail or spam
It is contrary to Intermediation policy for customers to use our servers to effect or participate in any of the following activities:
To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list;
To send unsolicited mass e-mailings, if such unsolicited e-mailings provoke complaints from the recipients;
To engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a Intermediation provided server, or using a Intermediation provided server as a mail drop for responses;
To falsify user information provided to Intermediation or to other users of the service in connection with use of a Intermediation service.
When Intermediation becomes aware of an alleged violation of its Acceptable Use Policy, Intermediation will initiate an investigation (within 24-48 hours). During the investigation Intermediation may restrict Customer’s access in order to prevent further possible unauthorized activity. If the Customer is found in violation of our SPAM policy, Intermediation. may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate Customer’s account and/or pursue other civil remedies. Also, Intermediation reserves the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. If such violation is a criminal offense, Intermediation will notify the appropriate law enforcement department of such violation.
Intermediation does not issue service credits for any outages incurred through service disablement resulting from Policy violations.
The Customer shall be held liable for any and all costs incurred by Intermediation. as a result of the customer’s violation of these terms and conditions. This is including, but is not limited to, attorney fees and costs resulting from Postmaster responses to complaints from and the cleanup of unsolicited commercial mailings and/or unauthorized bulk mailings and/or news server violations. First violations will result in a Cleanup Fee of ¥ 25000 and the customer’s account will be reviewed for possible immediate termination. A second violation will result in Cleanup Fee of ¥ 50000 and immediate termination of the customer’s account. The Customer who violates this policy agrees to also pay Investigation Fees of no more than ¥ 25000 per hour that Intermediation. personnel must spend to investigate any violations.
This is an agreement between you and Intermediation. Intermediation regarding your use of Intermediation’s computer, interactive information, communication and server management service. This Agreement governs the terms and conditions under which Intermediation makes the services offered by Intermediation available to individual consumers through a personal computer or similar access, or to individual consumers or small businesses in connection with the ” Intermediation ” web hosting or similar services. Under this Agreement, you must comply with Intermediation’s then current “Acceptable Use Policy,” as updated from time to time by Intermediation, which can be viewed on your client account management area
1. Intermediation will host an account for you, the purchaser (hereafter referred to as the Account Holder), for the Account Holder’s chosen domain name, for the period of time (the Term) corresponding with the payment plan chosen by the Account Holder. This contract will be automatically renewed at the end of the Term and each successive renewal term, unless terminated.
2. Intermediation’s services are provided on an as is, as available basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Intermediation expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Intermediation services will be error-free, secure or uninterrupted. No oral advice or written information given by Intermediation, its employees, licensors of the like, will create a warranty; nor may you rely on any such information or advice. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
3. The Virtual Web Server Internet account and/or related electronic services can only be used for legal purposes under all applicable international, federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Further, the Account Holder agrees not to store, transmit, link to, advertise or make available any images containing pornography. Violations of these or any other provisions of this Agreement may result in termination of the services provided by Intermediation, with or without the grant of a notice or cure period, such notice or cure period to be granted at the sole discretion of Intermediation based upon the severity of the violation. Intermediation reserves the right to refuse service if any of the content within, or any links from, the Account Holder’s website is deemed illegal, misleading, or obscene, or is otherwise in breach of Intermediation’s then current Acceptable Use Policy, in the sole and absolute opinion of Intermediation. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement, the content of the Account Holder’s website is the sole responsibility of the Account Holder. The Account Holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Intermediation from any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, or settlements, including reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and other expenses incurred by Intermediation, (collectively, Claims) related to or in connection with the content of the Account Holder’s website. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
4. Account Holder acknowledges that the nature of the service furnished and the initial rates and charges have been communicated to the Account Holder. Account Holder is aware that Intermediation. reserves the right to change the specified rates and charges from time to time.
5. The Account Holder agrees to follow generally accepted rules of “Netiquette” when sending e-mail messages or posting to newsgroups. Account Holder is responsible for security of its password. Intermediation will not change passwords to any account without proof of identification, which is satisfactory to Intermediation, which may include written authorization with signature. In the event of any partnership break-up, divorce or other legal problems that includes Account Holder, Account Holder understands that Intermediation will remain neutral and may put the account on hold until the situation has been resolved. Under no circumstances will Intermediation be liable for any losses incurred by Account Holder during this time of determination of ownership, or otherwise. The Account Holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Intermediation from any and all Claims arising from such ownership disputes. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
6. The Account Holder agrees not to harm Intermediation, its reputation, computer systems, programming and/or other persons using Intermediation’s services. Intermediation reserves the right to select the server for Account Holder’s website for best performance. The Account Holder understands that the services provided by Intermediation are provided on a shared server. This means that one website cannot be permitted to overwhelm the server with heavy CPU usage, for example from the use of highly active CGI scripts or chat scripts. If the Account Holder’s website overwhelms the server and causes complaints from other users, the Account Holder has outgrown the realm of shared servers, and will need to relocate it’s website. Intermediation will refund any unused portion of prepaid services. If the Account Holder refuses to comply with this Section, then Intermediation has the right to terminate the services provided to the Account Holder without any refunds of the unused portion prepaid by the Account Holder. The Account Holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Intermediation and any other Account Holder from any and all Claims resulting from the Account Holder’s use of the services provided by Intermediation The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
7. The Account Holder’s rights and privileges under this Agreement cannot be sold or transferred without the prior written consent of Intermediation.
8. If the Account Holder sells or resells advertising or web space to a third party then the Account Holder will be responsible for the contents of that advertising and the actions of that third party. Intermediation has the absolute right to reject any advertising or other third party content that is illegal, offensive or otherwise in breach of the then current Intermediation Acceptable Use Policy. The e-mail distribution by the Account Holder of “SPAM”, “JUNK MAIL”, or “UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL”, is expressly prohibited. If the Account Holder refuses to remove any advertising or other third party content deemed objectionable by Intermediation, Intermediation may terminate the services being provided to the Account Holder.
9. Intermediation will use its best efforts to maintain a full time Internet presence for the Account Holder. The Account Holder hereby acknowledges that the network may, at various time intervals, be down due, but not restricted to, utility interruption, equipment failure, natural disaster, acts of God, or human error. In no event shall Intermediation be liable to the Account Holder for any damages resulting from or related to any failure or delay of Intermediation in providing access to the Internet under this Agreement. In no event shall Intermediation be liable to the Account Holder for any indirect, special or consequential damages or lost profits arising out of or related to this Agreement or the performance or breach thereof. The aggregate, total liability of Intermediation under this Agreement, if any, shall in no event or circumstance exceed the total amount actually paid by the Account Holder hereunder. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
10. This Agreement applies to all accounts, sub-accounts, and alternative account names associated with your principal account. The Account Holder is responsible for the use of each account, whether used under any name or by any person, and for ensuring full compliance with this Agreement by all users of that account. A Intermediation account may not be transferred without prior written approval from Intermediation. The Account Holder is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her password. In the event of a breach of security through the Account Holder’s account, the Account Holder will be liable for any unauthorized use of the Intermediation services, including any damages resulting there from, until the Account Holder notifies Intermediation’s customer service.
11. If Intermediation assigns the Account Holder an Internet Protocol address in connection with the Account Holder’s use of the Intermediation services, the right to use that Internet Protocol address will remain with and belong only to Intermediation, and the Account Holder will have no right to use that Internet Protocol address except as allowed by Intermediation in its sole and absolute discretion.
12. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Account Holder and Intermediation with respect to the Intermediation services and supersedes all prior agreements between the Account Holder and Intermediation. Intermediation’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that a portion of this Agreement is held unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
13. The parties shall attempt to resolve all disputes arising out of this Agreement in a spirit of cooperation and with a problem-solving mindset, without formal proceedings. Any dispute, which cannot be so resolved, shall be subject to binding arbitration upon the written demand of either party. Arbitration shall take place in Tokyo. Should any legal action permissible under this Agreement be instituted to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement, in particular the right to collect money due on unpaid invoices, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses incurred at both the trial and appellate levels. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
14. The Account Holder agrees to indemnify and hold Intermediation harmless from any and all Claims resulting from or connected with any activities conducted by the Account Holder. The Account Holder and Intermediation will promptly notify the other upon receipt of any Claim or legal action arising out of activities conducted pursuant to this Agreement. The rights and responsibilities established in this paragraph will survive any termination of this Agreement.
15. Intermediation may include the Account Holder’s name and contact information in directories of Intermediation service subscribers for the purpose promoting the use of the services by additional potential clients. However, Intermediation is not authorized to print the Account Holder’s name, trademarks or other identifying information in any other advertising or promotional materials without the prior written consent of the Account Holder.
16. The interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement shall be governed according the laws of Japan. The Account Holder hereby consents to personal jurisdiction in the provincial courts of Tokyo, for any action arising out of or relating to the Account Holder’s use of the Intermediation services. The provincial courts of Tokyo, will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such actions. In any such action, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover all legal expenses incurred in connection with the action, including but not limited to its costs, both taxable and non-taxable, and reasonable attorney’s fees. The terms of this Section will survive any termination of this Agreement.
17. Notices required by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be delivered either by personal delivery or by mail. If delivered by mail, notices shall be sent by any express mail service; or by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; with all postage and charges prepaid. All notices and other written communications under this Agreement shall be addressed to the individuals in the capacities indicated below, or as specified by subsequent written notice delivered by the party whose address has changed.
18. Because the Internet is a global communication tool, and we have clients from nearly every country in the world it is difficult to dictate what is considered “adult material.” However, it is not our function to discriminate against those who choose to utilize adult content or adult related material. This being said, there are still several reasons why Intermediation has been forced to create its no adult sites policy for its virtual server users.
19. Virtual account holders can receive a refund if account is cancelled within the initial 30 days after sign up. Reseller account holders can receive a refund if account is cancelled within the initial 7 days after sign up. If the account holder cancels after the time period specified, there will be no refund given.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: EXCEPT AS EXPLICITLY PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, ALL PAYMENTS TO INTERMEDIATION GROUP ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
All payments to Intermediation Group are nonrefundable. This includes any setup fees and monthly fees regardless of usage. All billing disputes must be reported within thirty (30) days of the time the dispute occurred. Disputed charges to your credit card issuer, also known as chargebacks, which, in Intermediation Group’s sole discretion, are invalid under the terms and conditions of this Agreement, will result in service interruption, and reconnection fees to restore the desired service.
Without waiving any of its other rights under this Agreement, Intermediation Group offers to its Customers a 30-day money-back guarantee on fees for hosting services only (the “30-Day Guarantee”). If for any reason you cancel your account by filling in the account cancellation form and submitting it to Intermediation Group, within thirty (30) days of the beginning of your service, Intermediation Group will refund your money with no questions asked; provided, however, that you have never previously obtained a refund under the 30-Day Guarantee. If you have ever previously obtained a refund under the 30-Day Guarantee, your account will be canceled, but no money will be refunded to you.
Please note that the amount refunded to you will be the amount you paid for hosting services only, and will not include any of the following fees:
Fees for domain name registrations,
Fees charged for exceeding your allotted disk storage space or bandwidth,
SSL certificate fees,
IP Address fees,
Web design fees,
Web site marketing fees,
Any add-on services, features, software, and
The 30-Day Guarantee is subject to all of the following limitations:
Any other fees for services involving a third party.
You are entitled to a maximum of one (1) 30-Day Guarantee.
If you do not cancel your account within thirty (30) days of the beginning of your service, your right to the 30-Day Guarantee shall expire forever and may not be revived under any circumstances, without the prior express written approval of Intermediation Group.
You may not transfer or assign the 30-Day Guarantee to any third party.
You agree that you will not circumvent the restrictions on the 30-Day Guarantee described in this document, or attempt to circumvent those restrictions by any means, including, but not limited to, the following actions:
Creating multiple accounts, using the same customer name or different customer names;
Canceling your account for the sole purpose of obtaining a refund and then registering for a new account;
Organizing multiple business entities or using assumed business names for the purpose of circumventing these restrictions;
Knowingly providing false or misleading information when you register for your account; or
Requesting a refund under the 30-Day Guarantee at any time after you have already received a refund under that guarantee.
If you violate any provision of any of the following policies of Intermediation Group, you will not be eligible for the 30-Day Guarantee:
Terms of Service (TOS);
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP); or
No-Spam Policy (NSP).
Dedicated Servers, Xen Servers, Virtual Private Servers (VPS) and Dynamic Dedicated Servers (DDS) setup fees and management services attached are not covered by the 30-Day Guarantee.
Dedicated Servers, Xen Servers and Dynamic Dedicated Servers Cancellation request: A setup fee 12 000JPY is charged to disconnect the server from our rack.
Changes to your service, including, but not limited to, adding new services, removing services, or changing the type of hosting plan you have do NOT make you eligible for an additional 30-Day Guarantee. The 30-Day Guarantee applies to your first order of Web hosting services from Intermediation Intermediation Group and does not apply to any changes to your service at any time.
20. Intermediation may temporarily deny service or terminate this Agreement upon the failure of Account Holder to pay charges when they become due. Such termination or denial will not relieve the Account Holder of responsibility for the payment of all accrued charges, plus reasonable interest and any collection fees.
21. If an account holder’s account becomes overdue, the account will be suspended. Interest will accrue on the overdue account at a rate of 10% per month until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
22. If an account holder charges back for services rendered, a ¥ 10000 charge back fee will be added to the amount charged back by the customer.
23. If an account holder’s account is overdue for 90 days, the account will be handed over to an outside collection agency. At that time the account holder will incur a ¥ 10000 collection fee added to the balance previously due.
24. If an account is found to be in violation of the terms of service it will be terminated immediately and all payments forfeited.
25. For closed accounts there is a ¥ 1000 per incident charge for all inquiries regarding previous services and or support.
26. Intermediation makes no claim or warranties to the availability of account backups. It is the Account holder’s responsibility to ensure that they have a complete and accurate backup.
27. Account holder agrees not to provide free servcies such as free hosting, free subdomains or free email accounts. Account holders found violating this section will be terminated immediately and all payments forfeited.
28. SLA Credits. If the Uptime Guarantee of 99.99% is not met the user must submit within 7 days of the outage proof from an approved 3rd party monitoring site (currently approved: alertra.com, dotcom-monitor.com). Monitoring interval of reports must be 5 minutes and contain minimum 3 unique source geographical location checks. At which time the request is verified a credit will be issued at the rate of one days credit for each 0.1% below 99.99% not to exceed 30 days credit. Service Credits can only be used towards account fees.
29. SSH Access. To request SSH access you need to contact support. Upon receipt of SSH request support will ask that the following be provided: Credit Card assigned to account, faxed photo copy of government ID and a verified telephone number. Upon completion of said terms user will be granted Jail access to the system on a provisionary basis any misused of the system will result in access being revoke. The use of php or any other means to circumvent this policy will result in immediate account termination.
30. Professional Internet Integration Services. To request professional Internet Integration services provided by Intermediation Intermediation hosting services and partners (data center, SQL server, etc…) you must to be a Japanese company registered by the Japanese government. Cancellation services before the end of the contract term is allowed. Account holder must request the cancellation services 3 month before the contract term. If the account holder do not request cancellation services, the account and services are renew automatically. To request cancellation services, account holder must download the cancellation form available in the customer portal, fill the form and resend the document by fax to our accounting department.
What does Intermediation consider “Adult Material?”
Any site whose revenue is gained in part or whole from its adult content.
Photos or videos showing frontal nudity on either men or women for non-scientific or non-artistic purposes.
Revenue-generating hyperlinks to sites who violate policy #1.
Bandwidth and Resources
A virtual server is a shared environment where many servers reside on each particular machine. This being said, consider that an average “adult site” gets more hits than 100 standard websites. Some of the smaller adult sites get around 5 GB of transfer per day. With these types of resources being utilized, our servers would be severely slowed if we allowed these high traffic sites to also reside on our servers. On top of that, we would be forced to raise our prices to pay for the additional bandwidth. We strive to keep our servers fast and inexpensive, and our bandwidth clear; therefore, adult sites are not an option.
Intermediation reserves the right to decide what it considers “adult content”, “adult material”, “sexually explicit”, or “sexually related”. Let us know if you are unsure of the approval of your site before placing an order.
This policy also encapsulates our Network Service Level Agreement.
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion.
Please Fill and sign the AUP/TOS and Return to Intermediation by fax or PDF file.